|Trammel vs. Felucca, by Morgoth; Edited by Asmodeus
When I first started with
Ultima Online around May 2000 I did read various hints at
there being an area called "Trammel" and an area called "Felucca",
but the hints were very foggy and so I dismissed the subject.
I thought that later, when I was more experienced, there would
be time enough to have a look at the finer details and higher
arts of game play. So after about a month of gameplay I did
endeavor to find out about the specifics of Trammel and Felucca
and herewith proudly present the results.
This treatise is mainly a list of difference between the
two facets of Ultima Online. To my best knowledge the subject
has not been covered in this form before, despite being
something well worth knowing.
Travel back and forth between Felucca and Trammel will
be possible by using the public moongates or through the
use of so called moonstones.
Now here's the actual list of details and differences
between Trammel and Felucca:
The facts presented here were assembled with he massive help
and support of the people on the Stratics
Drachenfels Forum. A big thanks to all my friends over
- Trammel is the consent only PvP area whereas Felucca
is the enhanced PvP area. Basically this means that on
Trammel PvP is limited to guilds (intra-guild training
and guild war) and Order/Chaos. These limitations apply
to the Jhelom Combat Pit as well. The Factions system
is reserved to the facet of Felucca.
- There is an obvious difference in appearance between
Trammel and Felucca. In Trammel trees look normal, with
leaves on, whereas Felucca trees look bare, without leaves
on. So as soon as you see the first tree you should know
what Facet you are on. Note that this "look"
can be changed, but this change requires some specific
tweaking with the UO config files.
- To travel from Trammel to Felucca you need a Felucca
moonstone. To travel from Felucca to Trammel you need
a Trammel moonstone. Consequently on Trammel you will
find Felucca moonstones, whereas on Felucca you will find
Trammel moonstones. Alternately, you may use a public
moongate to travel between facets.
- On Trammel you can walk through people and monsters,
whereas on Felucca you will tend to bump into them. Successfully
walking through a person or monster on Felucca requires
max. stamina and doing so will decrease your stamina.
The result is that on Felucca you can be actually surrounded
and trapped by people or monsters. This is not possible
- On Felucca you can loot corpses that you do not have
rightful access to at the expense of being flagged a criminal
- A Murderer does not have access to Trammel, he has to
stay on Felucca.
- On Trammel it is not possible to steal from characters
at all, with the exception of guilds (same guild or warred
guild) and Order/Chaos.
- Recall runes marked in Trammel will not work in Felucca
and vice versa. SOS bottles and treasure maps will only
work in the land they are found in (for instance, a map
found in Felucca will only work in Felucca).
- Your mouse pointer will be hued gold when you are in
Trammel and silver when you are in Felucca.
- On Trammel Players will not be able to perform beneficial
acts on any monster, animal, or NPC that is not controlled
by a player (tamed, summoned, hired, etc.). On Felucca
this should work and be treated by the rules of the reputation
Acknowledgments: The following people have supplied valuable
input and help for this list: TamALinn, Haggard, Katar of
Drachenfels, Gysbrecht, Nefarius, raphtontis, Ash of Drachenfels,
Lord Hellspawn, Magdalene.
(-: May fame and fortune be their just reward :-)
Morgoth of Drachenfels
|Publish 16 changes
|Changes to the Dungeons and Lost Land areas of Felucca
In order to establish an area where players can engage in
a meaningful struggle for the control of resources without
drastically impacting the current play patterns of Felucca’s
citizens, the Dungeon and Lost Land areas of Felucca will
be modified. Note: The Lost Land area is the complete area
of the map that contains the Towns Delucia and Papua, including
the grasslands, forests, swamps, deserts, sea and snow areas.
Various other changes to Felucca (publish 16)
- When a non-Murderer is killed in the Dungeon/Lost Land
areas of Felucca, all of the character’s items other than
gold, gems, ingots, ore, leather, hides, wool, wood, boards,
and cursed items will remain on their ghost (unlootable).
- When a Murderer is killed in the Dungeon/Lost Land areas
of Felucca, 50% of the character’s items (random result
per item) other than gold, gems, ingots, ore, leather,
hides, wool, wood, boards, and cursed items will remain
on their ghost (unlootable).
- Any player that dies in the Dungeon/Lost Land areas
of Felucca will immediately be given a mandatory “stuck
player” option (forced to leave the dungeon and lost land
servers). During this process, the player will not be
able to hear spoken words (they can send/receive party
messages as normal).
- A player that dies in the Dungeon/Lost Land areas of
Felucca will not be able to return to those servers for
- Ghosts will be unable to enter the Dungeon/LL areas
- Players are no longer be able to recall or gate into
or out of the Dungeon/Lost Land areas of Felucca.
- The various dungeons of Felucca are linked to each other
via teleporters to help alleviate crowding and bottlenecks.
- When a player reports a murder, only the long-term murder
count will be incremented.
- If a murderer dies in the Dungeon/Lost Land areas of
Felucca, they will not take stat loss upon their next
- When stealing from innocents, thieves are only able
to steal gold and gems in the Dungeon/Lost Land areas
of Felucca. Thieves will continue to be able to use the
full range of their thieving abilities against consensual-pvp
opponents (guild wars, order/chaos, factions).
- Many Dungeon/Lost Land areas of Felucca contain “champion
regions” (a.k.a. “Evil-in-a-Can”).
- The various champions of evil and “The Harrower” itself
(a new champion monster, not to be confused with the mere
“tentacles of the Harrower”) that spawn in Dungeon/Lost
Land areas of Felucca carry special Scrolls of Power.
- The Minax faction stronghold has been relocated from
the Lost Lands to Britnnia, inside the mountains that
give access to dungeon Destard..
- The city of Delucia is no longer a “faction city”. However,
the city of Vesper will become a faction city.
- Innocents (blues) are not able to negatively affect
other innocents through the following area effects indirectly:
purple potions, mass curse, meteor swarm, chain lightning,
earthquake, fire field, poison field, paralyze field,
blade spirits, or energy vortex. This applies to all of
- Felucca will have much of its spawn modified to include
fewer monsters overall, yet a much higher percentage of
medium to high-end monsters (liches, daemons, ancient
wyrms, blood elementals, etc…), and far fewer low-end
monsters (slimes, rats, snakes, headless', etc…).
- Mines, trees, sheep, will produce double the normal
resources in Felucca, as will all creatures that produce
leather or feather resources.
- Monsters in Felucca will provide more fame and karma.