|Reputation FAQ: Scenario's
- Bob the Innocent attacks and kills Jim the Criminal (or
- Bob will be flagged as Aggressor (to Jim) for his attack
on Jim. Since Jim is a Criminal, he cannot report Bob for
- Bob the Innocent, a bounty hunter, stumbles across Jim
the Murderer and Sue the Murderer. Bob quickly engages with
Jim in hopes of bringing him to justice. Sue responds by
attacking Bob in order to help her fellow murderer. With
two to one odds, Jim and Sue manage to kill Bob.
- Bob will be flagged as Aggressor (to Jim) for his attack
on Jim. Since he is an Aggressor to Jim, he is not allowed
to report Jim. Sue is flagged as both Aggressor (to Bob)
and Criminal (although she is already a Criminal since she
is a murderer) for her attack on Bob. Bob will be able to
- Jim attacks Bob the Innocent. Jim recalls when he starts
losing the fight. 30 minutes later Bob is attacked and killed
- Bob will be able to report Sue. If Bob managed to stay
damaged for the 30 minutes between his fight with Jim and
his fight with Sue, he would also be able to report Jim.
- Jim the Innocent walks up to Bob the Innocent and starts
harassing Bob by calling him names and acting offensively.
Bob gets upset and attacks Jim.
- Even though Jim's behavior is disturbing, he is still
an Innocent. Bob will be flagged as both Aggressor and Criminal.
If Jim dies, he will be able to report Bob.
- Bob the Innocent is fighting an ettin. Jim comes by and
fireballs Bob. The ettin kills Bob.
- Jim would be flagged as both Aggressor and Criminal. Bob
will be able to report Jim.
- Bob is engaged in fighting 4 ratmen, who are all attacking
him. Billy the Innocent, a rogue, runs up and hides in the
line of rats. Sue the Innocent, a friendly mage, comes upon
the scene and tries to help Bob out by casting fire field
on the ratmen. She also unwittingly casts it on Billy.
- Unfortunately Sue will be flagged as both Aggressor and
Criminal for the accidental attack on Billy. If Billy dies,
hopefully he will not report Sue for her actions. In general,
Mages will have to be careful with area effect spells.
- Bob the Innocent is fighting an ettin. Jim the Innocent
comes by and starts healing the ettin. Jim's help allows
the ettin to kill Bob.
- Jim will be flagged as Criminal for healing the ettin.
However, Bob will not be allowed to report Jim because Jim
never actually damaged Bob.
- Sue the Innocent is walking with her new pet dog. Bob
the Innocent attacks the dog.
- Bob is flagged as a Criminal (but NOT Aggressor since
he did not attack Sue directly).
- Sue the Innocent is hunting with her pack of pet wolves.
Sue orders a wolf to attack Bob the Innocent.
- I'm not quite finished with this one, but my current thoughts
Sue is flagged as a Criminal. The wolf that attacks Bob
is flagged as a Criminal. Sue does not get flagged as Aggressor
so she can still defend herself directly against Bob without
fear of being reported, if he should choose to retaliate
by attacking Sue directly. The rest of the wolf pack is
unaffected. If Bob dies from the Wolf attack without attacking
Sue, Sue can be reported.
- 1. Bob the Innocent is fighting an ettin, while
Sue the Innocent watches.
2. Jim the Innocent comes by and starts healing the
3. Bob breaks off his combat with the ettin and attacks
4. Sue casts heal on Bob and Fire ball on Jim.
5. Jim strikes the blow that kills Bob.
6. Fred the Murderer comes by and casts Fire field
on the ettin, Sue and Jim, killing Sue and Jim, but not
before Sue squeezes off a fire ball on Fred.
- 2. Jim is flagged as a Criminal for healing the
3. Bob is flagged as Aggressor (to Jim).
4. Sue is flagged as Aggressor (to Jim).
5. Bob cannot report Jim because Bob was the Aggressor.
6. Fred is flagged as a Criminal (although he is
already Murderer so his status doesn't really change). Fred
is also flagged as Aggressor to both Sue and Jim. When Jim
dies he cannot report Fred because Jim is a Criminal. When
Sue dies she can report Fred.
- Bob the Innocent is attacked by Lizzy the Axe Murderer.
Merlin the friendly mage heals Bob, restoring him to full
health. Lizzy's attack continues automatically and a few
whacks later Bob is dead.
- Lizzy is flagged as both Criminal and Aggressor for her
attack on Bob. Even though Bob gets healed to full health,
he was still damaged considerably by Lizzy after he was
healed. The system will detect this even though Lizzy did
not initiate a new attack. Bob will be able to report Lizzy.
(Only if Lizzy broke off her attack immediately after Merlin
healed Bob and before she did additional damage, would she
be safe from being reported.
- Bob the Innocent is attacked and damaged by Jim the Murderer,
adding Jim to Bob's Murderer List. While they are fighting,
Bob loots the nearby corpse of another player flagging himself
as a Criminal. Jim kills Bob.
- Bob will still be able to report Jim. Nothing other than
becoming healthy will prevent you from being able to report
someone once they are added your Murderer List.
- Jim the Murderer poisons Bob the Innocent with a nasty
poison. Jim then heals Bob up to full hit points. The poison
goes on to kill the Bob.
- Being poisoned is considered not being fully healthy.
Bob will be able to report Jim as a Murderer.
- Bob the Innocent is a member of Guild A. Jim the Innocent
is a member of Guild B. Guilds A and B are at war. Bob attacks
Jim the innocent. They fight. During the fight, Jim is removed
from his guild by his lord. Bob kills Jim.
- To fix this problem, and others like it, I added yet
another internal tracking mechanism to the plan that should
handle these sort of cases. Basically, if you start a fight
with someone while they are not an Innocent to you (Murderer,
opposing guilds, Criminal, etc.), they will continue to
appear and behave like a non-innocent to you for 1 minute
after you stop performing any damaging action to that person,
regardless of their final guild status or criminal status.
- Jim the Innocent casts 5 blade spirits trapping Bob the
Innocent. To try and fight off Jim, Bob shoots a fireball
at Jim. The blade spirits kill Bob.
- Jim becomes a Criminal and Aggressor as soon as the blade
spirits damages Bob. Nothing happens to Bob when he casts
the fireball, because he's attacking a Criminal. Bob can
report Jim when he dies.
- Bob the Innocent casts blade spirit at an evil skeleton.
After killing the skeleton, the blade spirit turns its attack
on Sue the Innocent who happens to be walking by. Sue dies
from the attack.
- Bob is flagged as both Aggressor and Criminal for the
(accidental) attack on Sue. Sue can report Bob. Bob should
have attempted to keep Sue healthy until the blade spirit
died, then he should have healed Sue completely. But, since
Sue died, Bob should start apologizing and making amends
in hopes that Sue won't report him.
- 1. Joe casts vortex on an ettin. The ettin dies.
The vortex then attacks and damages Sue. Sue manages to
escape via Recall.
2. After seeing his pal Sue get attacked, Bob decides
to provoke the vortex on Joe. Bob is successful and the
vortex kills Joe.
3. Bill enters the scene and quickly loots Joe's
corpse. While Bill is looting, the vortex attacks and kills
- 1. Joe and the vortex are flagged as Aggressors
(to Sue) and Criminal for the damaging attack on Sue. Joe
is added to Sue's Murderer List but since she escapes he
will eventually be removed when she reaches full health.
2. Since Joe is a Criminal, Bob is only flagged as
an Aggressor (to Joe). The vortex's controller is set to
3. Since Joe was a Criminal when he died, Bill is
not flagged when he loots Joe's corpse. Bill remains an
Innocent. As soon as the vortex (which is now under Bob's
control) damages Bill, Bob becomes an Aggressor (to Bill)
and Criminal. When Bill dies, he can report Bob as a Murderer.