|ULTIMA ONLINE: SAMURAI EMPIRE
|KEY FEATURES: What's New With The Samurai Empire
Information & Images from Official UO.com Site
Ultima Online: Samurai Empire marks a new era in the
legendary online RPG as it expands to include a new exotic land
to explore and two deadly professions to master.
- Become a Samurai Master -- Dedicate yourself to the
art of Bushido, with powerful new skills and deadly new weapons.
- Join an Elite Ninja Clan -- Submit to the discipline
of Ninjitsu, mastering stealth, deception, and the art of assassination.
- Adventure on a New Continent -- Explore a new Japanese-themed
land filled with scenic housing areas, mythical creatures,
monsters, dungeons, and more.
- Lay Claim to Exotic New Treasures -- New weapons,
armor, clothing, house tiles, magic and more will reward the
- Powerful New Guild Systems -- Create a guild, set
up ranks, declare wars on other guilds, and set win conditions.
Recruiting new members and increasing your power have never
Trained in Art of Bushido: Bushido grants a bonus to several
warrior skills and special moves.
Samurai Special Abilities
- Honorable Execution: An ability with great rewards
if the enemy is eliminated with your next melee attack, but
severe penalties upon failure.
- Lightning Strike: A ferocious and fast single attack
with a 50 percent hit bonus.
- Whirlwind: A samurai’s powers increase the more enemies
- 4 other special abilities.
Trained in Art of Ninjitsu: Ninjitsu grants a bonus to several
fighting and stealth skills.
Ninja Special Abilities
- Mirror Image: Creates up to four mirror images of
a ninja, confusing enemies.
- Smoke Bomb: Ninjas can craft smoke bombs, that when
used, can cause them to “disappear”.
- Animal form: Ninjas can take the form of seemingly
harmless creatures (wolves, Serpents and others) that allow
them to move freely among their enemies.
- 4 other special abilities.
More than 15 new creatures, based on Japanese folklore.
- The Hai Riyo: A flying Dragon that’s extremely tough,
but can be tamed and ridden.
- The Fan Dancer: Beautiful but deadly, her fans are
as sharp as Samurai swords. She is said to guard her master’s
treasures and secrets.
- The Lady of the Snow: An undead spirit, she haunts
the frozen tundras of Tokuno. She can turn you into ice with
but a touch.
- Other creatures include demons (oni), sea creatures, undead,
elementals and many others.
Rumors of its existence first appeared in Ultima 1, when it
was known as the Land of the Feudal Lords.
- Three new locations for player housing
- One major city, full of shops and services. (New Samurai
and Ninja start here)
- Two large dungeons
- Three Virtue shrines
- Several terrain types: Swamps, mountains, forests,
jungles, deserts, frozen tundra and more
A huge array of new options:
- Build Farms, Residences, Tea Houses, Pagodoas, Temples, and
- New kinds of flooring, Walls, doors, stairs, and roofs.
- New landscaping options, including sand gardens and rock
Many more features and details to be revealed at a later date.
Keep watching uo.com for all the official information!