Have you traveled all over Britannia?? Have you conquered the trolls in dungeon Wrong,
faced the undead warriors of Deceit, or even visited every city and town?? Are you getting
tired of running escort missions or doing the same thing over and over?? Or are you starting
a new life and have decided to search out adventure?? Are you trying to find the right things
to fight to raise your skills?? Well, I believe it is time you venture into the Lost Lands of
Brief History of the Lost Lands:
The Followers of Armageddon, an elite group that caused chaos through all of Britannia,
had discovered how to use an ancient spell know as the Apocalypse or Doomsday spell. When
they used it, massive earthquakes rocked the entire land of Britannia and opened several caves
unknown to everyone at the time. Lord British sent an expedition under the leadership of
Lord Crawworth to explore the Lost Lands. The expedition comes back totally devestated and all
are dead save the journalist Caitlin Elopidat, but soon dies after giving all her notes to
Lord British. Soon after, the Lost Lands are opened to the public to search and discover it
themselves. Now, let your adventure begin.
Cities of the Lost Lands:
There are currently only two cities in the Lost Lands but they contain all you need for
your travels. These two cities are Delucia and Papua and are easily located even for the
unknowning traveler. Below is a brief description of each city.
the City of the New Frontier, is located in the southwestern
most corner of the Lost Lands. If you are in need of weapons
training, there is plenty of wild game just outside of the
city limits. Delucia also has mountains within the guard
protection and there is also a local forge nearby. There
are also plenty of shops around including an inn, stables,
magic shop, and provisioners. The bank and healer are located
right next to each other just in case of an unfortunate
Best lifestyle here is:
- Tailor - lots of hides available nearby
- Blacksmith/Miner - mountains within guard protection and forge nearby
- Animal Tamer - lots of wild game around to tame
the Swamp City, is full of mosquitoes and mimes (not the ones
you see in New York, mimes are Spanish for gnats I think)
but in my opinion, has the best structures of houses in both
the old and lost lands. The Just Inn is also a great place
to sit down and relax and play some checkers. The Tricks of
the trade mage shop has a portal connected to another one
within Moonglow's Encyclopedia Magicka. To use the portal
from Papua to Moonglow, the magic word is recsu
and from Moonglow to Papua it is recdu. Papua
also has a shipwright so you can dock your ship when you decide
Best lifestyle here is:
- Carpenter - there is a carpenter shop and a tinkerer
- Tailor - with the hides from the monsters you run into trying to get here
- Adventurer - the Terathan Keep is just east and the swamps spawn monster camps
- Cook - two bakeries are enough to sell your cooked meat
The Lost Lands is probably the most versatile place to train because there is more than
enough wild game for non-experienced adventurers to hunt and also challenging dungeons for the
Grand Masters out there. But, just as in Britannia, there are PKs around so it is best to stay
well prepared and be able to run and hide or take them on. This table is a rough estimate of
the places to go to train. The higher the number, the harder it is.
Tips for Traveling:
These are tips that will help you out while traveling the Lost Lands. It is important
to remember these things. Some might not sound very important but you're bound to remember
them....trust me. :)
I hope this guide helps you out in your travels through the Lost Lands. When I come up
with more information, I will add it where it is needed. And never forget those life
saving words of 'Kal Ort Por' when you're in trouble.
- There are very few wandering healers in the Lost Lands so if you die, you have
to run all the way to one of the towns or get resurrected by a friend. I have only found
2 wandering healers within the Lost Lands and those were by pure luck.
- After killing wild game, take their meat and either cook and eat it or sell it to a
butcher or provisioner. You can make a decent profit in a spawn area.
- Always carry a couple of cure potions when traveling within the Hoppers Bog just in
case you run into one of the silver serpents.
- Try to keep to roads if you want to find monster camps or venture into the wilderness
to find the harder monsters.
- Study and learn all the entrances into and out of the Lost Lands.
- Be extremly wary around the hotspots because Pks usually tend to be around.
- You can only recall to another place within the Lost Lands if you in the Lost Lands.
example - You have a rune to Minoc and are in the middle of the Terathan Keep and are
about to die. You try to use the rune but guess what?? You can't and now you're dead.
- Narga Saiyen, UOSS Chesapeake Shard Reporter