|Better Homes & Castles : Designing and Decorating
How to make the pianos
For both the small and the grand piano, we will use the 4 available types of
folded cloth. The different types are referred to as cloth A,
B, C and D as in the picture. You can dye the cloth as you work, but
if you have no black dye tub of your own, you can use pre-dyed cloth (which
makes stacking and locking down a bit harder). I use undyed cloth in the
examples for clarity. All items are dyed black.
The small piano
First, place a writing desk, back side facing south
- Place 3 spacers on top of it (fish steaks, black pearl, etc.)
- Place 2 of cloth C on it
- Place a wooden crate on top.
- Inside the crate, place 1 chessboard, 2 of cloth A, 2 of cloth C, 2 of cloth
A , and another chessboard
(You need 2 piles of cloth A, and 2 chessboards because the stacking order of
items is not always the same, as you will see later on. The 2 piles of
cloth A are colored differently to demonstrate this)
Now drag the desk onto your spellbook in your pack. It should snap back, but
the other items will now be lowered.
- Lock down the desk and cloth.
Let the black pearl decay.
Destroy the crate. You will see one chessboard, and one pile of cloth
- Lock down the 2 C cloth, and the visible chessboard and A type cloth
walk outside your house (step off the porch completely) and walk back in. Repeat
until you see the different colored cloth A (or when your cloth is pre-dyed,
single click until you see that the visible chessboard is not locked down).
- Lock down this cloth A and chessboard as well.
Place 2 of cloth B, and 2 of cloth C on top
- Drag the stack of cloth B onto your spellbook and let it snap back. Lock both
- Place another 2 of cloth C, and 1 cloth A and lock down
The Grand piano
consists basically of two small piano's with some extra stuff. We will
be building this in four tiles, which are referred to as tile I through IV as
shown here. The tiles are built up in numerical order.
Place a writing desk, with the back facing south.
- Place 3 spacers on top of that, and a crate.
- Place 2 of cloth C, and 2 of cloth D inside the crate.
- Drag the table onto your spellbook and let it snap back.
- Destroy the crate, lock the cloth down
Place another crate on top
- Place 2 of cloth C, and 2 of cloth D inside the crate
- Drag the table onto your spellbook and let it snap back
- Destroy the crate, lock the table and cloth down
- Place 2 of cloth C on top
- Place 1 cloth D on top
- Lock everything down
Place three fancy shirts and lock them down
Tile III: (continuing with black cloth)
this tile we start by building a small piano, but after placing the table, place
a body sash underneath it (here shown in red for clarity). Then build
the rest of the small piano as usual.
Place a fancy shirt on top of the stack
- Place an oilcloth on top
- Drag the fancy shirt onto your spellbook and let it snap back
- Lock the shirt and oilcloth down
It's beginning to look like something!
- Simply build another small piano in this tile
And we're done!
Some variations (for whcih I didn't have time :-)
- Try letting the tables decay, and build the piano legs using hats (bonnets)
- Try building pedals out of something. Someone suggested a tall candle
for the pedal pillar