The following parts of this page are strictly preserved for historical
purposes. With the release of the Age of Shadows expansion, Slayer Weapons
were changed from they way they used to work and spawn.
The Slayer Weapons were an unexpected addition, or rather an extension,
to the world of Ultima Online. The following facts were known about them
before Age of Shadows:
- The Slayer Weapons were only found on greater creatures and confirmation
from an OSI representative placed their rarity slightly higher than
that of silver weapons.
- A Slayer Weapon did double damage to the monster it was meant for.
A successful hit with the weapon yielded a little white flash on the
- All the Slayer Weapons fell into 6 groups. Each group had an opposing
group. Weapons of a particular type were only found on their opposing
group. For instance Balrons and Daemons would give Slayer Weapons that
did extra damage to Elementals.
- When used against their opposing group, it would result in the monster
doing double damage to the person wielding the weapon. For example,
carry silver, and Repond creatures did double damage to you. Carry Repond
weapons and undead creatures did double damage to you. Pick your opponent
- Each group had a Super Slayer that would do increased damage
to all monsters within that group.
- The Slayer Instruments were released with Publish 16 in 2002, long
after the weapons were released, they worked the same way as the weapons
except instead of doing damage to the creatures they were meant for,
they increased the chance of success when using bard skills on them.
- The Slayer Spellbooks were released with Publish 31 in 2005 as part of an
attempt to make mages more balanced in PvM.